Lately I’ve been rather low on money meaning that I haven’t been able to eat out as much as I usually do. This said, it’s been a great opportunity to get back into homemade food! I absolutely love hummus and my favourite is roasted red pepper.
I’ve been making hummus for a few years but I recently decided to upgrade it with some roasted red pepper to incorporate my favourite flavour. It worked incredibly well, so here is the recipe!
Red Pepper Hummus
Creamy red pepper hummus. Perfect topped with extra virgin olive oil and smoked paprika. Serve with pitta.
Servings: 2 people
- Hand blender or food processor
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic crushed or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cut the red pepper in half. Place on a baking tray with the skin facing up. Roast for 30 minutes until the skin is slightly shrivelled and beginning to brown.
- Leave to cool and remove skin.
- To a large bowl, add all ingredients except pepper. To make your hummus extra creamy, add 1 tbsp liquid from the can of chickpeas before draining.
- Blend with a hand blender or a food processor.
- Cut up the cooled roasted pepper and add to hummus. Blend until smooth.
I normally serve my hummus with pitta bread, pepper and carrot. Sometimes I grill some halloumi and have that too (which I would highly recommend!).
So there you have it! Let me know if you decide to try it out (you won’t regret it!).
2 Comments on Roasted Red Pepper Hummus