Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
I’ve always been pretty into skincare but I’ve really upped my skincare game this year. During initial lockdown back in March and April, I was incredibly bored because I had no work to do. I’m in the middle of my PhD, but I took 3 months to do an internship January – March. This meant that I’d been out of the lab for so long that I had no data to analyse and no work to do. So, along with many other people, I got very invested in Tiktok.
I actually used Tiktok before COVID. I think I signed up December 2019 and casually watched but never posted. I followed people I liked, and there are plenty of funny people on there. During lockdown, I needed something new to obsess over so skincare Tiktok had me hooked.
If you are into this sort of thing then you’ll already know the most popular skincare creators. But for those of you who aren’t, I’ll briefly mention my favourites. Firstly, there is a huge divide between skincare influencers and dermatologists. Some of the skincare people I follow on Tiktok are not dermatologists, including Hyram (@skincarebyhyram) and Vi (@whatsonvisface). Although they are not experts, I still love them. There are amazing dermatologists on there too, my favourite being Dustin (@208skindoc).
I’ve learnt a lot from watching many (many many) videos and have come with my skincare routine. Please note that everyone has different skin and some things that work for me, may not work for you. Check out @208skindoc for more info on this.
All prices were correct at time of publishing.
Morning Skincare Routine
Everything is listed in order.
- CeraVe foaming cleanser – the perfect gentle cleanser. £7.12 at Boots. Buy here.
- Paula’s Choice Vitamin C serum – brightening serum. £46 at Cult Beauty. Buy here.
- HadaLabo Hyluronic Acid – provides extra moisture. £18.38 at Amazon. Buy here.
- CereVe Moisturising Lotion – great moisturiser. £11.25 at Boots. Buy here.
- Purito Green Level Unscented Sun SPF50+ – the best non-greasy sunscreen. £15.80 at Pure Seoul. Buy here.
Night Skincare Routine
Everything is listed in order.
- The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm – useful for removing sunscreen and makeup. £9.99 at Cult Beauty. Buy here.
- CereVe foaming cleanser. Same as morning.
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant – exfoliator perfect for oily skin. £10 at Cult Beauty. Buy here.
- The Ordinary Retinol in 1% Squalene – anti-aging solution. £5.80 at Cult Beauty. Buy here.
- The Ordinary 10% Niacinamide and 1% Zinc – smoothes skin. £5.00 at Cult Beauty. Buy here.
- CereVe Moisturing Lotion. Same as morning.
PLEASE NOTE: I use BHA Exfoliant and Retinol on alternating nights, never one after the other. Niacinamide is only used with BHA Exfoliant, not retinol. If using retinol, I skip straight to moisturiser.
Cleanse with a gentle cleanser morning and night
Moisturise every morning and night
Wear sunscreen everyday (SPF 30+)
If you like this post, check out my Top 10 Purchases of 2020.
Would be glad if you follow my blog
Will follow your page too
Hi lovely, I’ve given you a follow – I love your posts
Followed your page too
Looks like a great routine! I still need to try the Inkey List and CeraVe as brands, since they really intrigue me (also Hyram’s fault haha). I have been playing with the Ordinary though and I’ve found the same things as you! It’s smoothes everything.
Thanks! I’ve only tried the Oat Cleansing Balm from The Inkey List but it’s so nice! And I’m so obsessed with CeraVe! I’m so glad you’re loving The Ordinary too.
I always enjoy seeing what others use in their skincare routines, thank you – great tips!
Thanks for reading and commenting! You’re welcome for any tips I provided.
Love this! I have been looking to start skincare too. I don’t have a routine (I know so bad) and lately because of all the chocolates I’ve been eating haha I’ve been breaking out! CeraVe is my fav lotion 🙂
Haha yeah my skin tends to be much worse in December because I eat so much chocolate! But this routine is helping so much!! CeraVe is the best!!
Love Cera Ve products! I fell in love with the facial cleanser thanks to TikTok 😊🙌🏻
Lovely blog btw . Just followed
B | http://www.mindbeautysimplicity.wordpress.com
I’m so glad you love CeraVe too – it’s so great!
Aww thank you lovely 🥰🥰 I love your blog too and I’m very happy we’re connected!