Salmon is so delicious and there are so many lovely salmon recipes out there. One of my favourites is this Honey Garlic Salmon. Salmon is the perfect meal – it’s healthy and so delicious. Are you planning a dinner party? Salmon. Quiet night in? Salmon. Date night? Salmon. Feeling fancy? Sushi (with salmon). See, it’s truly versatile.
Well, I have a new recipe for you. This is truly delicious, and I’d love to hear your thoughts. This salmon has Emmental cheese and Panko breadcrumbs. I recommend adding mixed herbs, but you could also add other spices – chilli flakes, garlic salt. The opportunities are endless.
To complete the meal, I recommend your favourite green veg, some form of potatoes, and perhaps a salad. I had some roasted asparagus and a gorgeous Caprese salad. Everything was so fresh! Alternatively, you could have it with sweet potato fries, or rice. What I’m saying is that there is no wrong combination here.
Emmental and Herb Crusted Salmon
- 1 Ethically-sourced salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 g Panko breadcrumbs
- 10 g Emmental cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs optional
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese. If you are scaling the recipe up or down, just remember to keep the quantities of breadcrumbs and cheese equal.
- Add the olive oil and herbs.
- Top the salmon fillet with the breadcrumb mixture. Note that it will not stick to the top of the salmon but try to get as much as you can on the top of each fillet by pressing down with the fingertips.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the salmon is cooked and the crust is crispy. Serve with your favourite side dishes – I recommend asparagus, caprese salad and potatoes.
I really hope you enjoy this – it’s one of my favourite meals to make and eat! Here’s another idea for your salmon. Try out my Pad Thai recipe but replace the chicken with cooked salmon.